If you’re learning to windsurf and looking for your first board, the Goya Surf Trainer is a great choice. It’s a perfect entry level/beginner board that will be there for your windsurfing firsts (from uphauling to planing in the footstraps) to mastering the basics. It’s a board that you can grow with as you keep advancing. This board is light and very durable and we think it’s a really solid choice for your first board.
- The 160, 200 and 220 have a retractable daggerboard helping with stability and makes going upwind a lot easier.
- The 200 and 220 have a tandem rig insert, so you can rig another sail on the front of the board. This is a great option for teaching kids how to windsurf. They can get the feeling and confidence of windsurfing while you are steering.
- The deckpad is extra thick to keep up with all the water time it will get and provides a little more cushion for your knees. It is color coded so you can easily learn or teach others foot placement. The dark gray is your uphaul zone and the early stages stance while the white area is your advanced stance and entry strap zone. It’s these little details that make this board not only great for learning, but also great for teaching. Dedicated pad grooving and EVA density zones are tailor made for multiple skill levels.
- EVA rails
- Integrated nose protector, making sure the board survives some of the dings that it will get.
- Multiple straps as well as a nose and tail handle.
- Wood sandwich construction. Wood + Fiberglass = tough and durable.
- The technology and materials in this board ensure that it is light, durable and enjoyable.