Lizzie Armanto is the only woman with a model of designer skateboard shoes, but she did not intend to make a skate shoe for women only. Instead, he wanted to create a shoe for all skaters whose needs had not yet been met. So, when we decided to create the first skate shoe signed by Lizzie, we listened carefully to her requests and we realized the model she needed to continue to give her best. The result is our most inclusive shoe ever.
Lizzie wanted a shoe that represented her completely: from a more snug fit made to measure for her foot, to a slimmer sole for more contact with the skate, to greater flexibility. With the cushioning of classic skate shoes, Lizzie felt like she was floating above the skateboard, so Vans created a new, lower-profile insole to offer greater grip and a better boardfeel. The Lizzie also features a new vulcanized structure with a lower side band, a rounded outsole edge and flexible grooves for maximum stability and comfort. In addition, the universal fit provides the perfect amount of EcoCush cushioning, increasing the boardfeel to meet the needs of a wider range of skaters. In addition, the new DURACAP tip and 3D Embossed DURACAP² sideband offer superior strength in the most wear-prone areas, while the all-new micro-waffle tread and Sick-Stick² rubber offer maximum grip.
Since Lizzie is also concerned about the preservation of our planet, her designer shoes have received the designation Vans VR3 Checkerboard Globe. In fact, this model follows strict material guidelines for all major components and is designed to have a reduced carbon footprint compared to Vans canvas shoes.
COMPLETELY REDESIGNED UPPER: chrome-free suede offers more sustainable durability, while on the fourth, tongue and lining were used fabrics with high biological content. They also feature a drawstring with turn-ups on the heel to wear the shoe with ease and the Lizzie brand hidden.
• UNPARALLELED RESISTANCE: They feature a thin 3D DURACAP collated band below the fourth and a thicker DURACAP tip visible below the mask for added strength.
• IMPROVED CUSHIONING: At Lizzie’s request, a new, lower-profile insole was added using our new EcoCush foam, a 70% bio-based PU that offers performance comparable to the PopCush insole for skateboarding.
• TIGHT FIT: the new high-performance fit was made from the indications of Lizzie. The universal fit increases the boardfeel and control to meet the needs of a wider range of skaters.
• LEGENDARY GRIP: the brand new insole with flex grooves, the waffle zone knurling for strength and support and the SickStick ³ rubber have been combined with Lizzie’s favorite micro-waffle pattern for maximum grip.
• SOLE AND TAPE WITH RENEWED DESIGN: The one-piece tape offers flexibility and has been made of SickStick craftsmanship rubber with high natural content to offer greater strength and grip. The slightly rounded edge of the sole is exposed on the underside to ensure an immediate comfort feeling.
•CERTIFICATE VR3: made in part with organic cotton, natural rubber and bio-based foam, The Lizzie use on the entire shoe also suede leather from tanneries of the Leather Working Group (LWG) that have been classified gold or silver for environmental liability.
Composition: Suede, Fabric, Rubber